If your file is over 25 MB, please employ one or more of the following steps to reduce its size:
- include a valid extension to identify the file's type (e.g. .rtf, .doc, .pdf, .zip).
- include all text, tables, figures and other graphics in a single file.
- be no larger than 25 MB.
- be named succinctly using 100 characters or less.
- not contain special characters, blank spaces or punctuation (other than periods and hyphens) in the filename.
- not be open on your local machine.
- Save a clean version of the file by removing any tracked changes. This can be done by "accepting" the tracked changes using the Tools-->Track Changes-->Accept or Reject Changes menu option in MS Word.
- If the file is in MS Word format (.doc), try saving it as Rich Text Format (.rtf) using the File-->Save As menu option. If the file is in Rich Text Format (.rtf), try saving it in MS Word format (.doc).
- Use smaller source image files and/or convert the images to tiff format.
- Compress the file using a zip utility such as Winzip, StuffIt or Mac ZipIt.
- Save the file in Portable Document Format (.pdf). OpenOffice.org offers a free suite of applications (similar to Microsoft Office) that include the ability to create PDF files. Adobe Acrobat is another good option, but isn't free.